ST JOHN OF THE CROSS MUSEUM. ÚBEDA
On 28th August 1591 Fray John of the Cross arrived to the monastery of Úbeda to "cure a slight bout of fever". There he would stay until he dies in a poor little cell. On 13th December Fray John went "to sing matins in heaven" at midnight —that is he finally encountered the Beloved. The verse he wrote actually turned true: "tear through the veil of this sweet encounter".
Since that moment the monastery of Úbeda turned into a sort of lighthouse that lights us with the spirituality of this mystic Discalced Carmelite...[Read more